July 15, 2003

I'm going to collège in Lille...
So, it looks like I'm going to Lille for this upcoming school year. It's not such a bad thing, seeing as it's half way between Paris and Brussels, and it will the the Culture Capital of Europe (shared with Genoa, Italy) in 2004. That means that every weekend there will be concerts on the sidewalks, and squares throughout the city. You can also check out the a Lille Tourism page on the web.
I won't be working in schools in Lille, instead I plan to live in Lille, and commute to the two schools. The schools are about 15km North-West of Lille. The schools that I'm working in are both collèges (see entry from Friday July 4th; a collège is like a middle school). One of the schools has a webpage with some photos of the school, let me know what you think...
I think that I'd rather live in Lille than in the two towns anyway. I've emailed the two schools about accomadation, and I'll see what they suggest. It's nice to know where I'll actually be going, finally!

No comments: