August 17, 2003

Filling out Fun French Forms...
Since I got my arrêté on Friday, I'm planning on going into the French consulate in Vancouver on Monday to apply for my visa. I've got most of the forms filled out, photos printed out, and my passport ready. (Sorry Karl, your arrêté will come too, eventually).
The visa section of the consulate is only open from 9:30 until 12:00. That's right, it's only open 2.5 hours each weekday. This is my first foray into the fun that is French bureaucracy, and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
I've seen this a few times before in several variations, but I think that it rings true even more now:
Heaven: The Germans look after administration, the English are the policemen, the French do the cooking and the Italians are the lovers.
Hell: The English do the cooking, the Germans are the lovers, the Italians are the policemen and... the French look after administration.

No comments: