August 10, 2003

Fireworks in Vancouver...
Last night I went into Vancouver to see the fireworks (the HSBC Celebration of Light) with some friends (a shout out to all of you who are reading...). It was the grand finale, where each of the three countries (the Czech Republic, Canada, and China) each presented a short programme, then there was a big finale with lots of fireworks.
I ran into a few people that I knew. At the station in Surrey, I saw a girl from school who was in my Ecology class this past spring semester. Then, after we got off the SkyTrain and started walking towards the beach, I ran into my cousin and his girlfriend. In the huge horde of people (over 400,000) that went to the fireworks, I think it's crazy that I run into people I know, even though I live an hour out of Vancouver.

No comments: