July 09, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11...
So, I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore today. I went to see it with Sophia, who was an English assistant in Lille (and lived down the hall at the MAJT from me).
First off, I really liked the movie. Even though it was obviously a documentary, it didn't really feel like one. Granted, it wasn't an action movie like Spiderman 2, but it was really well done.
Although I agree with a lot of what he has to say, you also have to look at the fact that he is only showing his point of view, and that it's fairly easy to use some of the quotes out of text (of course Bush isn't the best public speaker, but still). Moore does make a good case against Bush. He starts off with how Bush should not have even become President of the States (the whole Florida voting scandal), then Bush's credibility goes downhill from there.
Has anyone else seen the movie? What do you think?

No comments: