August 03, 2004

Fireworks in Vancouver...
I went into Vancouver this Saturday to see the HSBC Celebration of Light(read lots of fireworks out in the bay) with some friends. There were about 325,000 people who went out to see the show. The mountains and water are such a cool backdrop to the fireworks.
We went out for dinner first to the Mongolian Grill, then out to the beach to watch the show. It was Sweden's turn on Saturday, and I think they did a pretty good job (although Spain or China will probably win). I think they did a good job of matching the music to the fireworks.
I invited along a French girl, from Lyon, who's staying in my city with a family that lives on a farm. She doesn't speak a lot of English, and no one here speaks French. I found out that she's staying her through my old highschool teacher, who met her two weeks ago.
Anyway, what was cool is that she had never had Asian food before, and she loved it. She had never been into Vancouver either, so she got to see a bit of the city (which is really beautiful if you've never visited :). She was also thrilled with the fireworks (I think we all were). I think that she had a good time, especially since she said "merci beaucoup" I don't know how many times. I think that she had a good time, and was glad to be able to speak some French for a while.

No comments: