August 15, 2004

Playland!
Yesterday I went to Playland in Vancouver with a bunch of friends, including Aurélie, the French girl who came with us to the fireworks in Vancouver. (As a side note, Sweden ended up winning the competition, beating out Spain and China).
Anyway, we got to Playland around 11 in the morning, when it opened. It was already hot and sunny, and I soon started to wish that I had put on some sun screen before I left home. After the cool, old, wooden roller coaster (the restraints can't possibly be legal -I flew out of the seat almost every time we went down a hill).
I had a Triple O burger (and a nose bleed) at White Spot, and drank a lot of water. We were all starting to feel a bit light headed from being dehydrated because it was so hot. I ran into a bunch of people from high school that I hadn't seen in a long time. That's always weird, running into people you haven't seen in a long time, a long way from the city where you live.
By 9, when we left, I was probably as red as a tomato. I had wanted to get a bit of a tan, but not that much of a burn. Oh well. The cancerous tumours hopefully won't show for another few years.
All in all, I had a great time once again at Playland. Have to go next year...

No comments: