September 29, 2004

Movies...
I watched a documentary Sunday night on CBC called "The Control Room". It's about Al Jazeera's coverage of the War in Iraq, which the American's called Iraqi propaganda, and the Iraqi's called American propaganda. I thought that it was an excellent look at both the Arab news network and the war, from a relatively unbiased view (which is hard to find in North America).
At uni tonight, they showed "L'Auberge Espagnole", a French film that I first saw in France, and loved. I've tried to find it at movie rental places here, but they don't have a big selection of foreign films (I could probably find it in Vancouver), so I was thrilled to see that the Modern Languages department at my uni showed it. It was hilarious -better than I remembered it.
I took my sister along, and met up with Nick, Leah, and Lindsay at uni. After the movie was over, Sheila and her bf said hi, which was a surprise. I didn't think that they'd come out, but it was good to see them.
If you haven't L'Auberge Espagnole yet, I highly recommend it.

No comments: