December 26, 2004

Christmas Stuffing...
Christmas Eve this year went as it traditionally does at our place. Christmas Eve church service in the afternoon, then dinner (sometimes at White Spot, but this year it was lamb chops, mmmm). Then we drove into Vancouver, and past my step-grandmothers' place (all the lights were out, so we didn't stop -thank goodness!). Then we went to the traditional Christmas Eve get-together with some family friends in Vancouver, where my Dad has been going for the past 33 years. You'd think it would be boring, but it's actually a lot of fun. Granted that I wasn't there last year, but it's still nice to see some of the people, and find out what they've done over the past year (or two).
Then on Christmas Day, it was present opening time, and I got some cool gifts. The turking dinner was at my aunt and uncle's place, with two of the cousins and their fiancées. That was interesting. When the turkey was carved, there was dark, white, and pink meat (yup, pink, under-cooked poultry, yum). Not to mention the soon-to-be in-laws (that should be outlawed). Mennonite truckers, I never knew that such a thing existed!
Of course today was Boxing Day, so I went out and got two CD's, nothing overly exciting. Anyway, it's time for bed.

No comments: