January 17, 2005

Passed Away...
I just got a letter from the Margaret's niece, an old family friend. It turns out that Margaret passed away in November. Margaret and my grandmother were best friends back in their early 20's (they were both Scottish and worked at Emerald Lake in the Rocky Mountains). My grandmother passed away of cancer before I was born, and so Margaret became my sister's godmother.
We used to visit her every Christmas, in Vancouver. All of us looked forward to the visits. She went blind at a very young age, and the doctors believe that it was a virus from unpasturized milk. I remember that she could recite the Lord's Prayer in Gaelic (the language in Scotland, before English).
I was quite shocked when I learned that she had passed on, and am sad that I wasn't able to attend her funeral.

No comments: