March 19, 2005

Info from Ottawa...
I got an email from Ottawa on Thursday, with info about them buying me a return plant ticket. It looks like I'll be flying out Friday April 29th, or Saturday the 30th.
I also got a big packet of info in the mail from Ottawa yesterday. It had my written contract to sign and return, as well as measurments for my uniform (Parliament has a free dry cleaning service, to keep our uniforms clean). They also sent a list of the email address of the other summer Parliamentary guides, and some info about housing, and dress requirements during the training period (business dress/jacket and tie). After looking at the list of other guides, I realised that I was the only one in my group interview (there were 3 others) who was offered a position. As well, I'm one of 3 people from BC (my province), and about 50% of the guides are francophone. Now I just have to pass the security clearance.
Now I just have to find a place to live. I think that I've already got a lead on a place :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooohhh fancy new posting thingy...

i saw the uniforms you have to wear....BOUAHAHAHHAH hot stuff Stephen!!! woooweee!! :)

If I got to Ottawa, count me in to crash on your couch/floor!! :D

I'm really happy for you, super lucky bannana is what you are! <333

-Sheila Ann