December 28, 2005

Christmas...
It's back to work now after a nice three days off for the Christmas holidays. The night before Christmas Eve I finished my shopping with a present for my dad. While at the mall, I ran into a three people from my high school that I haven't seen in a few years. The embarrassing thing is that they all recognized me, and it took me a few seconds to place them.
On Christmas Eve we went to church, where I ran into another friend from high school that I hadn't seen in a while (she had been working as an au-pair in the Eastern US). I made a Thai noodle dish, which was pretty good if I say so myself, before we went into Vancouver for our traditional Christmas Eve get-together. My dad has been going to the same house since he was in high school!
Christmas Day didn't come too early, luckily! It was nice to sleep in and have cinnamon buns and coffee for breakfast. In the evening we went to my cousin's place for the traditional turkey dinner, which was followed by an impromptu paper fight. Even my grandmother got into it by throwing a paper ball at my oldest cousin!
On Boxing Day we had a bunch of people over in the evening for dinner, dessert, and some games, which was a lot of fun.
But now it's back to work.

No comments: