December 06, 2006

Strange Popsicles...
There are a lot of things that I've eaten in China which I've never tried or seen before in Canada. In the summer and early fall I loved to eat popsicles -a great treat that helps to cool you down. I tried a few flavours that I've never seen such as tarot root (very good), and grape with real raisins in it. Browsing the varieties of popsicles, I had seen green pea and corn a few times but wasn't too keen on trying them. My curiosity finally got the better of me and here are the results of my scientific taste test:

Corn: This was better than expected, even with the kernels of corn in the popsicle. The corn flavour wasn't too strong, and it was a bit sweet. In a pinch, the researcher might try it again.

Green Pea: The researcher doesn't normally like peas, and he doesn't know why he thought he might enjoy a green pea popsicle. One bite was taken and the rest of the specimen thrown out. It's not recommended for human consumption!

Future research: Results indicate a mixed reaction to strange popsicles, but further new species of popsicle may be observed. However, the researcher will not be trying the "carrot fried bread and milk popsicle" that they sell in his school's shop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum :(

I don't think green pea anything would appeal to me. I don't care how much sugar you add it just looks like baby barf!

PS. I like the new look of your blog. Too much spare time on your hands?

Stephen said...

Ya, I've had 5 days of classes cancelled in two weeks for exams. Of course they don't tell me until the day-of so I haven't been able to use the extra days off to go anywhere.
They've got tarot root pie and green bean pie at McDonald's. Would that suite your tastes better? Haha -I have to try them just to say I did.

Anonymous said...

i think i will stick to strawberry popsicles. do they have those in China?

Stephen said...

I'm sure they have strawberry, but I don't remember seeing any...

Anonymous said...

Had to link to this in my recent popsicle post. Great!