August 15, 2003

Ultimate...
I don't know if you've all heard of ultimate or not (I know that I hadn't heard of it until two months ago), but I played it last night with some friends. I haven't been able to go for the past month or so (they get together once a week) because I've had to work every morning, afternoon, and evening.
A bit more about ultimate though. It's like a cross between frisbee and football (soccer if you're in North America). You pass the frisbee to your team mates, who then have 10 seconds to pass it to someone else. Once you're holding the frisbee, you can't continue to run. The goal is to pass the frisbee all the way past the goal line at the other end of the field. It may sound kind of weird (it did to me at first), but once you get playing, it's actually a lot of fun. There are some other minor rules, but that's the gist of the game.
And I got a call yesterday telling me that they had started up the machine at work again, and could I come in as soon as possible to run up and down the rows pulling wires. Great fun

No comments: