September 10, 2003

Contact with France!
I got an email today from the head English teacher at one of the schools where I'll be working! It may not seem like much, but I was thrilled. He said that he was excited to get my email, because they've never had an English assistant before at his school.
I had asked what the weather in Lille is like in the winter (so I'd have a better idea what to pack), and he said that it rains most of the winter, and that they get about one or two weeks of snow. Being on the westcoast of Canada, it rains all winter, but we only get one or two days of snow. I can handle the rain, but I'm looking forward to the snow! (Maybe I won't be so excited once it does snow, we'll see).
It's scary and exciting to think that in a week from now I'll be on a plane headed to Paris.

"People travel because it teaches them things they could learn no other way."
-Lance Morrow

No comments: