September 09, 2003

Of Various Things...
This post is a hodge-podge of a bunch of different things.
Firstly, I got an email from a girl in Baltimore, Maryland last night. She's going to be staying in the same residence as I am (Maison d'Accueil du Jeune Travailleur, or MAJT) in Lille. That's cool because I'll at least sort of know someone. However, I don't know if I'll be staying at the MAJT the whole time that I'm in Lille. If I like it I'll stay, and if not I can give 8 days notice before leaving. It's sort of a place to stay until I get housing worked out.
I'm going to have to remember not to smile while I'm in France. In Canada here, you smile at almost everyone, just to be nice. But in France, people don't smile nearly as much. In fact, that's one of the reasons why girls from over here think that French guys are hitting on them all the time. If a girl smiles at a guy in France, the guy takes it as a sign of interest from the girl.
My application for school in Lille was faxed in today, and the cheque and ID photos are in the mail. Hopefully everything will work out with that. There's an orientation meeting at the university on October 1st, which I'm planning on attending.
ID photos. Oh my word, I had no idea that I'd need so many for going to France. I've already used 9 ID photos (passport sized), and I haven't even gone to France yet! I need at least another 10, and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to take some more. To get a pair of ID photos at WalMart costs way too much money, so I just print them off on my Dad's colour printer. The quality isn't as good as a normal photo, but they work just as well (I even used them for my visa application).
My VISA card came today! I'm going to pick it up after I go to the dentist this afternoon.
I'm sort of getting tired of waiting to go to France. I've almost got everything ready to go, so I'm just sort of waiting around. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss not being home at Christmas, but I'm excited about going overseas too.
That's all for now folks... Time is counting down!

No comments: