September 22, 2003

A Day in Paris...
Not to make you jealous or anything, but I thought that I'd let you all know what I did today.
After having breakfast with some Swedish friends, I decided to go for a walk along the Seine. Not along the road by the Seine, but right down by the water, along the foot path. After walking by Notre Dame, I got to the Louvre, where I sat down and ate an apple while watching the tourists. Then I strolled through the Touileries (a garden), before getting to Place de la Concorde (where the king of France was beheaded). Then I walked along the Champs-Elysees, towards the Arc de Triomphe. It rained a little though, but it stopped by the time that I went for lunch in the park. On my way back I walked along the other side of the Seine, through the Marais. Then I went into Notre Dame for a while, before heading over to the internet cafe.
I'm heading out to Verdun tomorrow; the train leaves at 6h40. Ouch, that's too early for me.

No comments: