September 12, 2003

Saying goodbye...
I've been going around and saying goodbye to friends for the past two weeks or so. I cooked Thai food for Lyle, Sheri, and Marlin last night (I think it turned out well), tomorrow I'm going out for a friend's birthday (happy birthday Robin!) where I'll say goodbye to a lot of friends from school, and I'm seeing my relatives this weekend at a family BBQ. But there's just no way that I'm going to be able to say bye to everyone though (sorry to my friends in Richmond/Vancouver/Surrey, there's just no way I'm making it out).
Even though I'm leaving in just over four days, it still doesn't seem real. I've been thinking about going, and getting ready to go, since the beginning of July when I found out the two cities in France where I'll be working. I know that I'm leaving, but it just hasn't sunk in yet. I can't really explain it; it's almost like some sort of bizarre dream.

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living."
-Miriam Beard

No comments: