September 04, 2003

VISA encore...
You may remember that I was having problems with getting a new VISA card. Well, I think that things are worked out now.
I called VISA, and they said that the card should have been ready for pickup a week ago. I check two branches of the bank, and the card isn't there. I called VISA again yesterday, and they say 'yes' the card should be ready, and they give me the address, phone number, and hours of the branch. I called the branch this morning, and they say 'no' the card has not arrived. So I called VISA again to see what is happening. The lady says that the card should have been ready for pickup, but I told her that I had just called the bank, and that the card wasn't there. The lady put me on hold, and came back a minute later to tell me that 'no' the card is not ready yet (didn't I just say that!?). So then she says that they will send it out, and I tell her that I'm leaving for France in a week and a half, and that I won't be back for 10 months (or so).
The happy ending is that she's going to put a rush on the card, and it will hopefully be here a week tomorrow, with just two days to spare. I hope there isn't a strike somewhere, but then I'm not in France yet (where they strike way too much)...

No comments: