December 01, 2003

A night in Arras, a day in Paris...
I went to Arras again on Friday night for the goodbye party for the Vimy and Beaumont-Hamel guides. I missed the TGV back to Lille by literally 5 seconds (as I got to the platform is was just starting to roll away), so I spent the night on the floor at the guide's house.
On Saturday I took the earliest train back to Lille, where I caught the van from my appartment that was taking me and a group of people from my building on a free trip to Paris! We got to drive around the Arc de Triomphe (very scary), and down the Champs Elysees, before going into the Louvre. I was (and still am) very sick with a cold/flu, so I almost fell asleep in the Louvre looking at some amazing Italian paintings. On the way home, while driving through Place de la Concorde (where the king was beheaded during the French Revolution), my parents called me on my cell phone! They were shocked and excited to hear that I was in Paris. It was great to be able to talk to them again.
A+

No comments: