April 27, 2004

Back from Switzerland...
I'm back from Switzerland now, in Lille :( I had a great time there. It was great to visit my friend, and to see some mountains, and water, and green grass, and the sun in a blue sky! I actually got a bit of a tan. I fed the Swiss cows up in the mountains, drank water from little Swiss villages, rode the tram in Zurich, chilled out by the Lake of Geneva (Lac Leman), ate a lot of Swiss chocolate, and all in all had a great time.
I'm going to Ieper (Ypres) in Belgium tomorrow, then to Gent (Ghent, Gand) the next day. I really don't want to spend more time in Lille than I have to. And on top of that, it may be a while before I'm so close to Belgium for a while. Ypres should be interesting because there is a Flanders Field museum there (stuff about the Great War from 1914-1918). I'm sure that you've heard the poem 'In Flanders Fields' by McRae. I've heard that Gent is really nice- it's supposed to be as nice as Brugge, but with a lot less tourists (and it's closer to me, meaning that the train ticket is less).
Then I'm off to Stockholm on Friday. I'll be there for a day or two, then I'm going to visit Terry, a friend who was working as an English assistant in Lille, for a few days.

No comments: