June 10, 2004

Just Promoted...
Or maybe I should say that I just hired myself. OK, so you might be a bit confused, just let me explain.
They need more help in the revisions department (updating the electoral list), and so as recruitment officer I have to find people to work in revision. I need more hours (and more money), so I got myself hired into revisions as well as working as recruitment officer. The revisions people make more per hour than I do as recruitment officer, so I'm not complaining. But now that means that I'll be working like a crazy animal (is it a dog or a horse??). I pulled a 12 hour shift today in my two jobs (luckily they're at the same office). It'll be even more busy next week when I have to call people to hire them for election day, and get them into training courses, as well as work updating the electoral list. Even if I burn out, at least I'll be well-off and burnt out...

No comments: