February 23, 2005

I've Got a Summer Job...
In Ottawa!!!

It was just confirmed this morning. I'm going to be working as a Parliamentary Guide in Ottawa over the summer (May through the first week of September). That's what the mystery interview in Vancouver two weeks ago was for.
I had a first round interview in December, which was basically just a 25 minute oral French exam. Then, two weeks ago, I had a 2 hours group interview at UBC. The group interview included a 35 minute written exam, a presentation, and a few group activities, as well as parts in French.
I must say that I'm still a bit shocked that I'm going to be working in the Parliament buildings. The government is even going to pay for my return flight from Vancouver to Ottawa.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU LUCKY SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooo jealous! oh man...

I was just going to go read your LJ comment very carefully to figure out what it says, come on, I'm in French 120, I'm not all that great!

Lucky poo.......you'll get to meet all the hot tourist ladies!! woo! :)

Stephen said...

I'm so looking forward to Ottawa this summer! Feel free to drop by while you're in Québec.

Anonymous said...

If I get to Ottawa, I'll drop you an email..make sure I have an updated email address..and I'll visit your blog (I'll obviously be updating mine, so you know where to find me ;) )

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats! when do you start? i'm in kingston right now which is just 2 hrs from ottawa but i think i'll be gone by then. we should definitely hook up in toronto or ottawa or somewhere haha... lemme know details :).

Stephen said...

Hey, I'll be starting training May 2nd, but I'll get to Ottawa a few days earlier (I don't know when yet, Ottawa is taking care of that).
I'm hoping to get down to TO sometime over the summer. Gotta hit up H&M.

Anonymous said...

Congatulations! I hope that you are in for something good.

Stephen said...

At least I know that I'll be getting paid on time this job around!!!