June 16, 2005

Formal Evaluation...
I had my first formal evaluation on Tuesday. Basically my team leader, and supervisor, followed me around on one of my tours taking notes on everything that I said and did. At the end of it we talked about the tour, and what he thought of it -things I did well, and things I can improve on. I wasn`t surprised by anything he said. By the end of the tour you know what you should have mentioned (and forgot or didn`t have enough time to cover), and if there was a logistical problem, or whatever.
Yesterday I got the formal report on how my tour went, and I was overall "good". As far as I know, everyone gets a "good/bon" on their first tour following. However, I did have a few sections of the tour that got an "outstanding"! For example, my logistics, non-verbal communication, and professionalism were all outstanding.

3 comments:

Fun times Girls said...

hey stephen.. i'm not surprised that you got an 'outstanding'. ahha way to go. sounds like you're having a super good time. back here school is boring as always.. but the bonus is that there are free bbq's every thursday on the green at ucfv!!! you're totally missing out. take care.. marta.

tim said...

All that for a tour guide job? Wow. They sure take things seriously down there.

Kudos on the good report.

Stephen said...

Free BBQ`s every Thursday! How does that happen! I`m even going to miss the BBQ on the first day of uni in September, because I`ll be flying back from Ottawa. Grrrr...

In total, there are three tests during training (one last Sunday), one informal following, three formal followings, a mid-season evaluation (coming up soon), and a final evaluation at the end of the summer.
Thanks for the kudos :)