July 31, 2005

Spice Boys...
We had a talent show tonight with the guides, and I was part of the Spice Boys. There is an amazing amount of talent in the group of people that I work with. We had opera, a drag king, tap dancing, original skits, violin and sax solos, and The Spice Boys.
I was part of a group of five guys that dressed up as various Spice Girls, and who danced to the song Spice Up Your Life. I was Scary Spice, ironically because I`m the least scary of all of the guys. We dressed in drag, and I ended up borrowing some fish-net stockings, and a really short skirt (it was 10 inches long, about a hand and a half, and definitely not regulation length at my old high school). I also spiked my hair, which ended up looking pretty good actually. My tétons, which were pretty big, fell out part way -all the more reason why it was funny. We did a crowd interaction bit, and got an excellent reaction all around. At the end of the song, the other guys carried me off the stage. Afterwards, everyone said how much they loved my face during the "Spice up your life!" part which I mimicked... I`ve put a photo up with my other Ottawa photos. If you want the link, let me know.
I think that we`ve lost all our credibility, and will have to chew tobacco and swear every other word for at least the next two weeks :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i want to see this pic... put up the link :)

Stephen said...

http://photos.yahoo.com/sjn_ca

It`s under the Ottawa 2005 section of photos, near the bottom. A couple of people have told me that they`ve got some really good photos, so I might put up a better one in the future. A few ppl said that we were the funniest part of the whole show...

Anonymous said...

you do make a "scary" spice lol

Anonymous said...

haha those pics are funny... too bad u guys couldn't do the hair somehow too!

i'm looking at these recent pics of you and i can't quite reconcile them w/ the "stephen" i have in my head... i'm like is that facial hair :P ??? i think i still see you in my head as a 16 yr old haha

Stephen said...

People are still commenting on the performance two days ago, lol. A few even said that I shocked them, because it`s so out of my character, lol!
I thought about going out to buy a big black wig, but I didn`t have enough time off work when the shops were open to look for a reasonable priced wig. That`s why I spiked my hair, b/c it`s more "scary", lol.
It has been a long time. Five years, right?! We`ll have to get together in September before I fly back to the West Coast.