July 30, 2005

Fire Alarm!!!
This morning, the fire alarm went off at work (that still sounds funny to me, knowing where I work). We weren`t sure what it was at first, but it didn`t take too long to figure it out. Everyone had to be evacuated out of the building, and the fire trucks came rushing up the hill. It turned out to be a false alarm, but it caused a lot of hassle as everyone who was on a tour had to go through security again before they could restart, which put everyone else behind. It was already busy (all English tour tickets gone for the day by 11AM), and we didn`t really need the backup.
The day was relatively uneventful otherwise. I`m heading out soon to watch the original Planet of the Apes with Kyla, whom I haven`t seen since I was in France last year when she was working as a Vimy guide. She`s back in Canada now, after working for a few months in Bristol, England.

No comments: