July 28, 2006

Ticket to Beijing... Check
I just bought my airplane ticket to Beijing. I'm flying out on August 23rd with AirCanada, and arriving in Beijing on the 24th. It's a non-stop flight, luckily, and it's only about 11 hours long. I was actually expecting it to be longer than that, but tant mieux! Now I just have to email my documents to China, and get an offical invitation letter/permit before I can go to the Chinese Consulate to get my work visa. Buying the ticket makes the whole thing a little more real.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bon voyage, wish i were going too.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! You'll have a fantastic time, I'm sure.

Stephen said...

I'm very excited about leaving. Now I have to start some of the prep stuff (buying Yuan, a travel guide, etc.). I need to start brushing up on my Mandarin too. I haven't practised much in the past month or so.

Anonymous said...

you got a job there or what?

Stephen said...

Yah, I'll be teaching English in China for a year in a city near Beijing.