September 21, 2006

German Terracotta Warrior...
I read an interesting story in the Yahoo! Oddities section today about a German art student who dressed up as one of the terracotta warriors, and jumped into the pit containing rows and rows of them. His disguise was so good that the security guards had a hard time finding him. They released him eventually, after a lecture, since he hadn't damaged the warriors.
In related news, things are shaping up for my National Holiday trip to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors for myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I think the guards should have left him there to scare a few tourists :)

It's alive, it's alive, run, the soldiers are coming to life aaahhhh.

I can just see it now. Tourists freaking out and the running everywhere. Now that would have been funny.

Anonymous said...

Tim, I like the way you think! That would of been hilarious.

Stephen said...

I agree! When you're in Rome, they have people dressed up like gladiators outside of the Colosseum and you can pay to get your photo taken with them. I wonder if they have the same thing with the TW.