December 13, 2006

Random Conversation...
I've been growing my beard out over the past few weeks, which has caused a bit of a stir at school. The students oooh and awhhh when I walk into class, with mixed reaction. It seems the girls think I'm more handsome without it, and the boys think it's cool. I ran into an English teacher (ET) at my school today that I hadn't seen in a while, and this is how the conversation went.
ET: Hello
Me: Hi, how are you?
ET: Fine thanks. Your face hair is getting, um, a little big?
Me: Haha, not too big yet.
ET: Are you Catholic or something?
Me: No, but it keeps my face warm.
ET: OK, goodbye.
Me: Bye

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont imagine there are many men in China with a full beard.

Stephen said...

Not that many. I've seen one old man with a long, white beard. Other than that, I think the only bearded men I've seen have been Westerners.

Anonymous said...

That's too funny. Do you have any pics of you with your beard that you could send me?

Stephen said...

Yes actually, I do have a photo. I just got one today at the donkey burger place that I'll have to put up.

The Hattons... said...

I want to see!