November 03, 2007

More Waiting...
My roommate got a call from HP on Wednesday this week when I was in class, asking if she was satisfied with the quality of repairs on my laptop. Two problems my roommate said, first it's not my laptop it's my roommates laptop, and second he hasn't got the laptop back. Well the lady from HP apparently didn't understand the word "roommate" and started asking questions about he model number, problem with the system, etc. When my roommate said I wasn't home and the lady should call back the next day, the HP lady seemed confused. She never called back.
So I called Staples on Thursday night, asking where my laptop was because HP thinks that I should have it and be able to comment on the quality (haha, good thing it wasn't me who answered) of the repairs. Seems that Staples doesn't have the laptop, and it'll take a week or so to arrive at the store.
I've heard that they're going to start taking bets in my small group at uni as to when the laptop will actually arrive, and for how long it will last before breaking again.
I don't know if that's good or bad...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes our luck is very important when we buy things. I bought my Hyundai car few years back and i drove back to Hyundai factory due to a massive defects after a few months I've purchased. The experience is really bad too. I got to queue in front of the factory early in the morning before it's even open in order to get the number. And, when I have waited for the whole day, they told me they are closing and please come back tomorrow. I was first dare not to show my anger because I'm afraid they will do something bad to my car. But all my good manners and patience didnt reward a good service. I end up lost my temper and complaint to the management with all my dissatisfaction! And, this time the problem that I've told to wait for a month can be solved immediately. Still I have to leave my car with them to repair but they were able to loan me a same type of car untill I get back mine.

I think you have to be really firm to them at this point as it's really frustrated pushing you around. Good luck man!

Stephen said...

I think you're right. A few people have said that I need to be more firm and demanding. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Anonymous said...

Next time speak to manager. Don't bother with the assistant. Get the name of the area manager while you are at it too.