August 23, 2003

Plane tickets, and BC is burning...
I paid for and picked up my plane ticket to Paris, France yesterday! Now I just have to wait for September 17th, then I'm off. I'm flying out of Vancouver, with a layover in Toronto, then onto Paris where I'll arrive on the morning of the 18th. It seems so weird to think that I'll be leaving for so long; yet I'm incredibly excited at the same time. I've always (or as far back as I can remember) wanted to live and work in another country.
We were planning on heading up to BC's interior today to watch Bard in the Vineyard (A Mid-Summer Nights Dream), in Kelowna. But, Kelowna is basically up in flames, so we're not going. We were planning on staying with my great aunt who lives up there, but she was evacuated early this morning. So we might still go up to Banff and Calgary. I'm going to get a digital camera in Calgary, because there's no provincial sales tax there!

No comments: