September 16, 2003

Flying to France...
It's hard to believe, but I'm flying to France in less than 12 hours now.
I'm excited, nervous, and numb in a way. It's kind of hard to describe. I've been running around for so long now, that it just seems weird that I'll actually be leaving.
Anyway, I leave Vancouver at 7:30 AM, and I get into Paris at 8:30 AM the next day, with a four hour layover in Toronto. The worst part is that they serve me two breakfasts on the plane. I'm going to have to buy some real food when I'm in Toronto.
I'm planning on spending about a week in Paris, meeting some of the other assistants and seeing the sights, before heading to the Champagne region. I'm planning on going to Verdun (WW1 battle sites), and Reims (where the kings of France were crowned, and champagne cellars are). I'll arrive in Lille on October 1st. On the 3rd, I have my orientation for all of the language assistants that will be working in Lille.
I haven't actually packed yet, but I've got everything together, and now I just have to put it in a bag. Anyway, I should go pack now...

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (he wrote "Le Petit Prince" - "The Little Prince")

No comments: