May 26, 2005

Six Days de Suite...
Yesterday was my first of six days of work in a row. I swear that my voice will be gone by the end of them. "Hello! Bonjour! Est-ce que je peux vous aider? Can I help you?" And then it goes on from there. Or the tours, when I have to project my voice to 50 people in a large foyer.
Now I know why they won`t let you work more than 7 days in a row!
One thing that I like about the work is that it`s interesting meeting people from all over the place. On the weekend, there was an Austrian convention in town, so 200 Austrians (including members of Austrian clubs in Canada and the US) came through Parliament, many dressed up in traditional costume!
I also had a cool French public tour yesterday with only 6 people on it. I stopped by Romeo Leblanc`s portrait (the First Acadian speaker of the Senate), because I knew that two of the members were from New-Brunswick. It turns out that they used to live three houses away from him.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

OK, I shouldn`t complain. I heard today from one of the guides who has to work 7 days in a row. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

If you lose your voice you can always use sign language :)

Stephen said...

LOL, yah, I could try. The only problem is that I`m not sure everyone else would understand. It`s like giving a French tour to 4 people, when the other 45 only speak English!