July 16, 2005

The Cup...
Last night I met up with Sophia (from Vancouver/Montréal) and two of her friends from here in Ottawa at Centretown Movies (an outdoor movie theatre) where we watched The Cup. It`s a movie filmed by a Bhutanese Rimpoche about a group of young monks obsessed with the World Cup.
Afterwards we went to Pub Italia, which is a cool place in Little Italy, and we got a table on the patio. I was shocked and delighted to learn that they had Kriek Cerise on tap! It was a really nice evening, and it was nice to see Sophia before I go visit her next weekend in Montréal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dad likes that beer, he's obsessed with cherries.

I can't stand the taste of any alchol it all makes me gag. I think its my medication. Or just me.

I forgot to ask, do you live in a guide residence or something? Or do you have an apt wtih other guides?

-SB

Stephen said...

I love it too! I never saw it in BC, and it`s quite rare to see it on tap in Canada.
I`m not living in a guide residence, although a few other guides live in the area (it`s a student ghetto/area). One of my roomates did work as a Parliamentary tour guide in the winter though.

Sophia said...

Did you know I'm just realizing NOW that you have a blog??? :-P It's fun to read about your trip to Montreal from... LAST YEAR! :) I have a couple pics I should send you too, I'll try to remember...

I guess China is a far-cry from Montreal, eh? I know you'll have a great time wherever you are!

Take care and talk to you soon!

Stephen said...

Lol, I never know who knows and who doesn't, so I always send out these mass email things when I go away.