August 17, 2005

Mussels, CWM, Ethiopian Food...
Last night I went for all-you-can-eat mussels for Chantalle`s (one of the guides) birthday at a seafood restaurant in the market. I`ve been feeling like mussels for a while, so it was nice to finally have some. We ended up closing down the kitchen :)
Today I went to the new Canadian War Museum to see the rest of the exhibit that I didn`t have time to see on the opening day in May. I got in for free, and went through the Second World War (and saw Hitler`s car) and Peacekeeping sections of the museum. The new war museum is really incredible. They do a very balanced job of explaining the war, including the internment of the Japanese Canadians during WWII.
This evening I went for Ethiopian food for the first time ever at a cool restaurant called the Horn of Africa. The food was amazingly good, and reasonably priced. You ate the food with your hands, using injera (a spongy flatbread, made from slightly fermented batter that tastes a bit like sourdough) to scoop up the various dishes. The sauces weren`t overly hot, but were nicely spiced. I`m planning on going again before I leave it was so good!

No comments: